Film submissions for the 17th Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival are now open.
17TH JIHLAVA IDFF WILL TAKE PLACE ON OCTOBER 24-29, 2013.
You can submit your documentary films and experimental documentaries by the following deadlines:
April 30, 2013 – for films produced in 2012,
June 30, 2013 – for films produced in 2013.
You can also submit a rough cut of your film until July 31, 2013.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM FOR THE JIHLAVA IDFF PROGRAMME VIA THE FILM SUBMISSION FORM AFTER REGISTERING AT OUR VISITOR PAGE.
If you do not have an account in our database yet please fill in basic identification information at our Visitor Page and select a password. Your registration at our Visitor Page will make further communication with Jihlava IDFF easier and you will be able to use your account in the following years as well. After the registration, you will be able to access the Film Submission form.
Competition sections of Jihlava IDFF:
If you have any questions regarding film submission for Jihlava IDFF please feel free to contact Petr Pádivý at email@example.com / +420 607 789 247
Terms and conditions
Jihlava IDFF - Submission guidelines
- Complete the online Entry form.
- Provide 1 DVD copy, in case of submission also to East Silver Market, provide 2 DVDs.
- Year of production must be 2012 or 2013.
- Deadline for films produced in 2012: April 30, 2013.
- Deadline for films produced in 2013: June 30, 2013.
- You can submit a rough cut of your film until July 31, 2013.
- Enclose director's biography and filmography.
- Due to the large number of submissions, preview copies will not be returned.
- Please send your preview DVD to: Jihlava IDFF, Jana Masaryka 16, 586 01 Jihlava, Czech Republic
- Preview DVDs will be kept in the Jihlava IDFF’s archives.
- By submitting this material you agree with Jihlava IDFF's regulations and acknowledge Jihlava IDFF's right to use the preview material or its copy for non-commercial purposes only, if not agreed otherwise. The submitter (director, distributor,...) accedes usage of the registered title at the Jihlava IDFF's documentary film archive to be used for private study purposes of students of FAMU (www.famu.cz) and for non-commercial private use of its visitors.
- Also, you will receive regular festival updates in our monthly newsletter.
- Please keep Jihlava IDFF informed of any address/phone or email changes.
Jihlava IDFF – Screening and shipping requirements
When your film is selected:
- Please send us 4 digital photos (stills) no larger than 3MB in any of the following formats: tiff, gif, jpeg, png, psd via email or ftp (we will send you the login information upon request).
- Promotional leaflets, posters, etc. are welcome. All must be received by September 10, 2013.
- Your film must be in English, German, French or Russian or in its original version with subtitles in one of these languages. The dialogue list is required, English subtitles are preferred.
- Jihlava IDFF covers one-way shipping costs only, if not agreed otherwise.
- Jihlava IDFF will return the print within 4 weeks after the festival, if not agreed otherwise.
- The festival will contact you about the details concerning shipment.
- Prints / tape are insured as long as they are in the festival possession.
Doc Alliance Films – Submission guidelines
You can submit your film also to Doc Alliance Films – festival portal for online distribution of documentary and experimental films. More info at www.DAFilms.com